The ASNL-Western Chapter is a satellite of the Autism Society of Newfoundland and Labrador. Our office is located at 40 Main Street in Corner Brook NL. We provide parents, educators and health professionals with education, materials and support.
ASNL Western began as a Parent Support Group and in 2011 opened the doors to the first established office in the western region. We are currently working on Awareness and Family supports, and are slowly adding programming as we fill the needs requested by the members.
Currently, the Western Regional office has the following resources available:
Barbara J. Hopkins Library
- We have many books on a variety of subjects, such as eating, sleeping, Social thinking, ect
Targa technical Center, including;
- Two iPads and two iPods available to loan out to paid members of ASNL
- Colour photo-copier
- A small laminator
Sensory Education room
- For use as a drop in center (Please call before hand to make sure it is not already in use)
- Included is a variety of equipment, several pieces are available to loan.
- Some of the items we have include: 6 foot bubble tube, Body socks, Balance board, Variety of therapy balls, Chair seat aids, and more!
- The Western Region office aims to host family events on a monthly basis such as;
- Killdevil Camp
- Movie Day
- Treasure Hunt Day
- And more
The Western Regional office has also proudly worked with the Lion’s Foundation of Canada to help a local family obtain an Autism Assistance Guide Dog, and with President’s Choice Children’s Charities to assist local families.
[catlist numberposts=5 excerpt=yes name=western date=yes date_tag=p title_tag=h3]