The Nominations and Communications Committee of the Autism Society of Newfoundland and Labrador (ASNL) is seeking expressions of interest in serving as a 3-year year volunteer on our corporate board of governors in the Self Advocate position.
This position will be voted for by our membership at our AGM on Saturday, November 7th @ 10am-12pm
Your expression of interest can be emailed to email@example.com, or click HERE to fill out an online application form by Friday, October 23rd, 2020. For more information, please contact Lisa Baker Worthman at firstname.lastname@example.org
ASNL is a charitable organization dedicated to improving the lives of those living with Autism Spectrum Disorder and their families.
The mandate of ASNL is to be a leader in the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador by:
- Engaging with public policymakers and advocating to improve the lives of those affected by Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Empowering people to more effectively advocate and obtain supports, through connections with ASNL staff and trained volunteers.
- Providing easy to understand, practical information related to ASD, for a broad audience on a wide range of educational topics, through all phases of an individual’s lifespan.
- Creating connections and navigational supports for individuals, families, and professionals to access other community partners and public services.
- Partnering with researchers to investigate ASD.
- Providing learning and employment opportunities through engagement in social enterprises.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Board Member
Each board member shall not fail to.
- Maintain active linkages with active members of ASNL.
- Demonstrate active promotion of ASNL’s programs and services throughout their region and amongst all stakeholders.
- Lend their support in their area of expertise on an as-needed basis.
- Keep informed about the concerns of the membership, funders, and partners.
- Ensure that the goals and objectives of ASNL are fulfilled.
- Exercise visionary leadership by participating in the establishment of the values and goals, setting strategic directions, completing a strategic plan, setting policies, creating value in the programs and services to the benefit of individuals with ASD; supporting the Chief Executive Officer and volunteers.
- Ensure decisions comply with existing policies.
- Keep confidential information within the boardroom.
- Comply with the Code of Ethics and Standards of Behaviour and actively participate in individual, board, and Chief Executive Officer evaluations.
For more information, please contact Lisa Baker Worthman at email@example.com