- This event has passed.
Annual General Meeting 2017
November 4, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
St. John’s – Classroom A 2065, 2nd Floor, MUN Arts & Administration Building; off Elizabeth Ave
Clarenville – ASNL’s Eastern Regional Office, 105 Manitoba Drive
Grand Falls-Windsor – ASNL’s South Central Office, 7 High Street
Corner Brook – Boardroom AS 2036, Grenfell Campus, 20 University Drive, Corner Brook, NL
ASNL is seeking to fill five (5) vacancies on its Board of Directors:
· The Nominations Committee is seeking expressions of interest from professionals and others interested in serving as volunteers on the Board of Directors. The Board is responsible for providing vision and leadership to the organization, and development of policy. There are 5 vacancies: 2 for At Large seats; 2 seats for Regional Reps for Western Region and South-Central Region; and 1 seat for Self-Advocate. Each successful candidate is elected for a 3-year term on the Board.
· Board members should be able to demonstrate an understanding of issues challenging persons with autism and their families; they should have a commitment to the vision, values, mission and programs and services of ASNL; they will serve on at least one ‘Standing Committees’ of the Board
v Our Vision: A province where people with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and their families are respected, and where they receive services and supports based on their individualized differences, needs and preferences.
v Our Mission: The Autism Society, Newfoundland Labrador, is a provincial charitable organization dedicated to promoting the development of individual, lifelong, and community-based supports and services for persons with ASD, their families and caregivers.
· Professionals and others interested in serving as a member on the Board of Directors should submit an expression of interest not later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, October 6, 2017; send to email@example.com
· Expressions of interest must include: contact information (telephone and e-mail); the names of two professional or personal references (with current contact information); and a short biography (200 words maximum) containing information about:
- Education and training
- Work experience
- Any experience with ASNL and/or other non-profit and/or charitable boards
- Reason for interest in serving ASNL
- Indicate whether running At Large (2 seats), as the South Central Regional Rep (1 seat), or as the Western Regional Rep (1 seat) or as the Self-Advocate (1 seat)
The Nominations Committee will review all expressions of interest for accuracy and submit the names of qualified candidates to the Chief Executive Officer by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, October 13, 2017.
AGM Rules and Regulations
- Members of ASNL and the general public are welcome to attend the
- To vote at the AGM, you must have a current ASNL membership and any dues/fees paid and up-to-date for Fiscal 2018 (April 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018) not later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, October 6, 2017.
For more information, please contact Administrative Assistant Cathy Drake at (709)722-2803, Ext. 221, or visit ASNL’s website at www.autism.nf.net