Elaine Dobbin Centre for Autism
The Elaine Dobbin Center sits on 5 acres on the site of the former Kelly’s Farm. Located near the Janeway Hospital/Health Sciences Center, Memorial University Campus, Avalon Mall, and other major areas. The center also connects to the Grand Concourse Trail, and features three main buildings;
- The central building, which houses office space, the Barbara J. Hopkins Library, The Pantry Café and Restaurant, executive board room, our multipurpose room, and other programming space.
- Activity Center Building, which houses the structured teaching program space and workshop.
- The Bell Aliant Pioneers Greenhouse.
Other features on our grounds include;
- The Rotary Club Harmony Garden; located on the east end of the grounds via the Grand Concourse Trail, this musical garden is a great place to relax!
- The Edward Roynane Memorial Berry Garden; also accessed via the Grand Concourse Trail to the east of the property, this garden is undergoing renovations and will be another place to relax outdoors. Produce grown here will be featured in The Pantry’s menu.
- Vegetable garden; located behind the activity center. Produce grown here will be featured in The Pantry’s menu.
- Access to the Grand Concourse Trail system.
- A spacious patio.
Parking at the Elaine Dobbin Center is available for visitors, program participants, and patrons of The Pantry. For special events, extra parking is usually available at Parking Lot 9G which is adjacent to the Center. This parking lot is accessible via a maintained path through the trees to the west of the building.
All of the features on our grounds are used for programming, fundraising, and business opportunities.
If you would like to learn more about the Elaine Dobbin Center for Autism, or if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us!
To make a reservation at The Pantry Café and Restaurant, please call 722-8200. Please note that we cannot accept reservations via voice mail or email.
“Elaine Dobbin Centre in Summer” by Kenny Matthews